I'm really blessed to be able to have a sort of reunion dinner at Uncle Edwin and Aunt Lydia's house last night, where I got to eat some pineapple tarts, my favourite coconut cookies (simply because they taste like wang wang and melts in your mouth), bakgwa... keke.
I was full till like FULL...had prawns (very freshh..), fish (yeay!), chicken, beef, ngor hiang (home made by aunt Lydia), fishball (my fav), and some I can't remember... after that, we were talking about all the health stuff, which I am so interested in and I have like a new interest in drinking tea. Thanks to the nice apple black tea Aunt Lydia brewed! :D
so if i have a birthday wish, I wanna get a tea set...those that you use to brew tea... hint hint...
then what ah? yeah. then we talked about all the crime stories ha ha ha. remember a couple of years back, there was this sniper who killed over 10 people? It happened around the Potomac region, where Uncle Edwin lives. But thanks to God, they were away in Singapore for that period of time but Uncle Keong wasn't. So he kind of recounted how people had to dart and be really careful because the killed sought after victims randomly, with no particular target at all. That makes it all the more scary!
But I really enjoyed the health talk and I started to REALLY realise how processed our food is, for the sake of convenience. That's where we've been losing our nutrition! And one important thing I've learnt from my nutrition class is that it is very very important to choose from a variety of food that are nutrient-dense. which means that the more nutrients you get per calorie, the better.
COOL HUH?
Anyway, I forgot to post about the Chi Alpha Potomac retreat I went to which to me, was a blast because hmmm, I won't say I was completely transformed, but it did happen during a period where I doubt God...alot.
Then the speaker said like "God loves you" and he repeated that for at least five times so well yeah. And when people do that, they will almost always say, "somebody needed to hear that" and er, as usual, I was probably that person or among the persons who needed to be reaffirmed of that truth.
It's been hard haha. I realised how deceptive my heart can be and how confused I can get sometimes. But I've learnt and still learning a big deal about grace and faith. Before this period of time set in, I kind of felt that some trial would come and I really need to ask God to purify my heart...
Well, I will try to upload the photos later :D
The excitement for today is... *grins*. I'm gonna learn/help Susan cook for the Women's bible study later after church :) SO.........
WAIT for the yummy licious photos of the pasta we're gonna make :D
Love,JANE
No comments:
Post a Comment